Wednesday 22 April 2009

Journey to the 92

To see all 92 football league stadiums is a life long goal for me. I've seen games at 35 stadiums including Highbury, The Dell and the old Wembley. Stadiums no longer standing. Most of my journeys have been following the travels of my team, Gillingham. I saw the infamous play off final against Man City in 1999 and was at Wembley again the following year to see us beat Wigan and claim status in the second tier of English football for the first time in the clubs history. I've been to Old Trafford on many occasions and have been lucky enough to stand on the kop at Liverpool on a european night. However, in August of this year, my Dad Steve and I will embark on a 2600 mile trip that will see us visit all of the 92 grounds in one go. We'll be doing this to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital Children's Charity. Throughout the journey you'll be able to keep upto date with our progress at http://www.tothe92.co.uk/
If you wish to donate to this very worthy cause, you can do so at http://www.justgiving.co.uk/tothe92

No comments:

Post a Comment